Join thousands of Canadians coast to coast to coast taking their first steps learning about application development.
With great design comes great responsibility. User experience (UX) design isn’t just about creating pretty or functioning websites - it’s about creative solutioning and trying to make people’s lives and experiences better.
As application designers, we need to remember that we aren’t designing products for ourselves, but for other people. Being a UX designer allows you to work with and problem solve for a variety of different people, and empathy plays a huge part in this.
During this collaborative learning experience, we’ll explore the difference between User Interface (UI) and User Experience (UX), and how they work together. We’ll walk through the design cycle; including discovery, user testing, and user personas. Learners will also have a chance to experience different UX methods through hands-on exercises, including building physical and digital prototypes.
Never worked on application design before? No problem! This workshop is designed for absolute beginners!
During this 6 hour workshop, you’ll learn:
- Learn all about User Experience (UX) and User Interface (UI) design
- Have a fulsome and holistic discussion around ethics and why ethical designing is crucial
- Solve real-world problems in collaboration with team members
- Create and prototype personas
- Carry out user testing
What you must bring:
- A laptop, and power cord. (Don’t have a laptop? We will have a few available for borrowing)
- A buddy! This is a bring a buddy event. Dudes are required to bring a womxn friend (moms, grandmoms, and sisters totally count)
- 6 hours of your time! This is a deep learning workshop!
- Come hungry. We will be serving pizza and snacks to keep you fueled throughout the day :)
Don’t forget to get your ticket for the event. Space is limited!
Please note that this is not a Canada Learning Code affiliated event. We want to acknowledge the organization for the creation of the event and educational content delivered under a Creative Commons license!
Hosted by Refresh Annapolis Valley. All are welcome!