- Tuesday, Feb 13, 2018 at 7:00PM Archived
- Acadia Entrepreneurship Centre Rural Innovation Centre, 24 University Avenue, Wolfville, NS
- Hosted By
- Refresh AV Meetups. All are welcome!
- Event Page
- Mark Richards , Nick Baskwill , Dr Darcy Benoit , Sarah Ryan , Michael Caplan , Dr Daniel Silver , Scott Olszowiec , Dr Randy Newman , Genevieve Allen Hearn
- Annapolis Valley Regional School Board , Brilliant Labs , Refresh Annapolis Valley , Jodery School of Computer Science at Acadia University , Women in Science and Engeering at Acadia University , The Grapevine
With an estimated 218,000 new skilled ICT workers needed in Canada by 2020 to meet the short term demands of our digital economy, focus on our educational system to address this challenge is paramount. The profound lack of diversity within the digital tech economy further complicates the response required. With changes in our provincial educational pipeline well under way, we are still early on in deploying a comprehensive response.
Join our panel discussion focused on defining challenges and solutions for Computer Science education today.
Panel moderator, Genevieve Allen Hearn (The Grapevine)
- Mark Richards (Annapolis Valley Regional School Board - EDTech Consultant)
- Nick Baskwill (Annapolis Valley Regional School Board - Primary Educator)
- Dr Darcy Benoit (Acadia University - CS Development Consultant)
- Sarah Ryan (Brilliant Labs - Program Coordinator, NS)
- Michael Caplan (Refresh Annapolis Valley - Extra-curricular CS Programming )
- Dr Daniel Silver (Acadia University - University Educator)
- Scott Olszowiec (Consultant for Ulnooweg Development Group Inc - CS Programming)
- Dr Randy Newman (WISE Acadia)
Hosted by Refresh Annapolis Valley. All are welcome!