- Tuesday, Nov 10, 2015 at 7:00PM Archived
- Acadia Entrepreneurship Centre Rural Innovation Centre, 24 University Avenue, Wolfville, NS
- Hosted By
- Refresh AV Meetups. All are welcome!
- Event Page
- Terry Weatherbee , David Duke
- Refresh Annapolis Valley , Acadia University
The recent and explosive growth in maker-culture combined with the emergence of 3D Printing in Fabrication Laboratories (or “FabLabs”) presents an opportunity for the province to prepare for the future by investing in economic and cultural change in rural Nova Scotia. Acting in concert with the Acadia Entrepreneurship Centre and the Centre for Rural Innovation, Acadia’s new STEAM Space is working toward the creation of a Maker Space/FabLab on the Acadia University campus. It will be based on the combination of Acadia’s knowledge in Science and Technology with expertise in business for the purposes of developing an Entrepreneurial culture of innovation for Artisanal Making. It is designed to turn disruption into opportunity for the local and regional community in which Acadia is embedded. David and Terry will talk about the potential of maker spaces, as well as provide some 3D printing show and tell.
Hosted by Refresh Annapolis Valley. All are welcome!