- Tuesday, Apr 10, 2018 at 7:00PM Archived
- Acadia Entrepreneurship Centre Rural Innovation Centre, 24 University Avenue, Wolfville, NS
- Hosted By
- Refresh AV Meetups. All are welcome!
- Event Page
- Dr Randy Newman , Cindy Trudel
- Jodery School of Computer Science at Acadia University , Women in Science and Engeering at Acadia University , Acadia University
Over the last 30 years, the number of women entering Computer Science university programs has dropped from 50% to around 10%. Once in the program, women have a higher drop out rate than men. And women graduating with Computer Science degrees often leave the field and pursue alternate careers. Dr Randy Newman and Cindy Trudel have been actively researching this phenomenon over the last few years. In this Refresh Annapolis Valley talk, Randy and Cindy will discuss the problem, the programs that Acadia has in place, and the needs for the future.
Hosted by Refresh Annapolis Valley. All are welcome!